Thursday, February 14, 2013

Upon Further Review

I found myself looking back over old photos today while I had a minute or two to myself. Some were forgotten photos or ones that didn't live up to what I saw in my head when I took the picture. I am always learning new techniques in Photoshop so sometimes it is good just to reprocess a photo to see if you can make it better.

This shot was one of the first frames I took one day while driving down a back road. This swampy area caught my attention and I wanted to see what I could do with it. At the time I wanted a wider landscape so I didn't do much with this shot but today I liked the swirls of pollen or pond scum whatever the case maybe and the reflection in between. Once I applied the Black and White filter and a levels adjustment layer I liked the look of very black water. I seem to be in a contrasty kind of mood tonight.


I had high hopes for this when I came across it but then when I got home and looked at it on my computer I didn't like what I saw. Now I think I am warming back up to the image.



This final image I really went for the contrast. In doing so it reminded me of an photo exhibit of an old professor of mine. Most of his photos were of landscapes and he had cut out all the sky so it was paper white. Literally the white of the paper he printed on. Most landscapes try to get a dramatic sky, big clouds but he went the other way.

No comments: