Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Office Window

It is a very foggy morning and the red tulip grabbed my eye this morning as I was settling in to work with my cup of coffee.

Technical Bit:
For this image I used a levels adjustment layer and then for some extra contrast I set the black and white adjustment layer to overlay at 25% opacity. Like many things in Photoshop their are many ways to get the same effect. Duplicating the background layer and setting its layer mode to overlay would get a similar effect but the adjustment layer keeps the file size down. I was also able to tweak the colors by adjusting the black and white layer (I used the green filter preset). I end up using a black and white adjustment layer a lot because while I am brain storming I try a black and white conversion first and then if I don't like how that works I switch it to overlay and then mess with the opacity.



No comments: