Saturday, December 8, 2012

An Eye Full 12/6

Devil's Backbone Kilt Flasher is a good scotch ale. The first scotch ale I remember drinking was Flying Dog's. I wasn't real impressed with it which  was very disappointing. It had a Ralph Steadman drawing of Hunter S. Thompson and a short description by Mr. Thompson himself . No matter how bad I wanted to like the beer it was bad. The disappointment with the Flying Dog Scotch Ale was about 11years ago (11 years is a long time so I admit my taste might have changed) and i hadn't really given that particular style of beer a second chance until I found  St. George's Scotch Ale... it is delicious. So when my wife came out of the store with Devil's Backbone's take on it I was excited to try it.  I really like there beers and had high hopes for these six beer, they didn't disappoint.

No comments: