Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Street Light





I took this picture with the desire of making a picture of an ordinary thing look interesting. I have seen many photographers do it from taking pictures of the isles of a big box store to pictures of suburbia. I usually try to find an old interesting building to help my picture out but this time I wanted to use a planner subject and capture the brightness and simplicity of the day.
This shot was also taken a little off so I used the Adaptive Wide Angle filter to try to straighten some of the elements I the photo. I didn’t want use one of the straighten tools that just rotates the canvas because I lost the top of the street light. I hadn’t used this filter before so I am still trying to figure it out. If I decide I really like this image I might go back and try to do it a little better. But hey they are old buildings…
… they have a little sag to them.
On the left is the image as is out of camera. A little crooked and flat.

The image on the right is after the Adaptive Wide Angle filter and then I used content Aware Fill, and it actually worked pretty well the first time. I just had to tweak an area in the upper left hand corner.
If I decide I really like the image I might go back and fiddle with the Adaptive Wide Angle filter, always room for improvement.

No comments: