Sunday, June 2, 2013

Just lightening what is needed

More on the birthday photos I took of my wife and son. I posted on May 11th two versions of a print I was working on. I found a couple tutorials on how to make a photo look lkie a painting. I found that the image was getting too dark and I was having to go back and try to lighten the image.
For this one I duplicate the background layer, as stated in the tutorial (and my May 11th post), then I made a levels adjustment layer and lightened the image considerably. Then I merged the duplicated background layer and the levels adjustment layer and changed its mode to soft light. Doing it this way I was only lightening the targeted layer instead of everything.
While I was waiting for Laura to get to come out I took this shot.
I like all the flowing lines.

No comments: