Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Flash Photography AAUGH!

What I know about flash photography:
1. I need more practice
2. I need to learn more about it
3. I need another flash
  • I have a SB-800 and the on camera flash...
       ... I need more slaves

What I really want to do is the Flash Bus Tour, however it is a week before my wedding so I don't think it is going to happen.

This is what I got...



I didn't get the shot of Hamlet the cat, paw raised and ready to strike down the off-camera flash. I think it went off in his eyes once and he was pissed.

...and finally

Ever heard the saying "caulk and paint make a carpenter what he ain't"? Photoshop is kinda the same thing for photographers. A couple of curves, black and white/overlays and high pass filters and I was a able to cover up my poor exposure.


2 comments:

Hal Weaver said...

A week before your wedding? I thought it was a month?!!

OK HW

Casey said...

The Flash Tour in Raleigh and DC are on April 4th and 5th... ok so less than a week before.